- Guidelines for coaching centers have been framed by the government.
- Enrolling students below the age of 16 is prohibited according to the new guidelines.
- Misleading promises and guarantees of rank or good marks are not allowed.
- Financial penalties of up to Rs one lakh or registration cancellation are specified for exorbitant fees or malpractices.
- The guidelines are announced by the Ministry of Education.
Students seeking admission to undergraduate courses in 41 central universities may not be able to rely on their Class 12th marks alone. With the finalization of plan to conduct the Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET), students will have to prepare to fill an online form and appear for the test.