- Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami introduced the Uniform Civil Code (UCC) Bill in Uttarakhand.
- The state Assembly passed the UCC Bill on Wednesday.
- Uttarakhand is now the first state in India to implement a Uniform Civil Code.
- The UCC encompasses common laws for various aspects, including marriage, divorce, and inheritance of property.
- The move aims to bring uniformity in personal laws across communities in the state.
Students seeking admission to undergraduate courses in 41 central universities may not be able to rely on their Class 12th marks alone. With the finalization of plan to conduct the Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET), students will have to prepare to fill an online form and appear for the test.