Guidelines and Schedule for Admission under Special Drive – II to fill the vacant Seats
Special Drive – II is being held to fill the vacant seats wherever applicable.
1. If necessary, colleges may declare acceptable cut-offs for all programmes and/or categories to fill vacant seats.
2. The Seat Matrix of vacant seats in each Program will be posted category-by-category on the Colleges’ websites, along with the Special Drive – II cutoff.
3. Candidates will be given a two-day period in which to apply to colleges. Following that, colleges will only post program-specific merit lists of candidates versus unfilled seats. Colleges are given two working days to disclose the merit list and approve or reject candidates based on merit, eligibility standards, and seat availability.
4. Candidates who were unable to seek admission or had their admission cancelled in any of the University’s Colleges during any of the preceding Cut-offs and were, as a result, not admitted but meet any of the preceding cut-offs and Special Drive – I, may be considered for admission under the Special Drive – II, provided seats in the said category are available.
5. During the Special Drive – II, there will be no movement allowed. Candidates who have received admission in any of the previous five cutoffs (including Special Cut-off/Drive – I) will not be permitted to participate in the Special Drive – II, i.e., candidates who have already been admitted to any University of Delhi Program College will not be eligible to participate in the Special Drive. As a result, candidates’ cancellation choices will be suspended during the Special Drive – II.
6. Applicants will only apply to one programme and one college. Candidates must double-check the number of seats available in the Program + College for which they are applying under their category.
7. If the number of candidates applying for a specific programme in a college exceeds the number of seats available, the college will create a merit list based on the Best of Four/Three criteria. The college will only approve the Candidature based on merit and seat availability. On the relevant College website, a list of approved candidates will be posted.
8. In the event of a tie for a seat, the following rule will be used to break the tie:
a. The candidate with the highest percentage of marks in the qualifying examination (aggregate of top five subjects including one language) would be regarded first for admission.
b. For admission, the candidate with the earlier date of birth (as shown on the class X certificate) shall be considered.
9. Simply applying for the Special Drive – II does not ensure the Candidate’s acceptance.
10. If a candidate fails to apply or pay the fees (if accepted) within the time frame specified in the schedule, no grievances will be addressed.
11. Only certificates issued after March 31, 2021, will be considered for candidates in the OBC-NCL and EWS categories.
12. There will be no consideration of grievances for non-payment of fees. All deadlines must be followed to the letter.
Schedule for Admission under Special Drive – II
|Declaration of vacant seats on the website of the College Declaration of Cut- Off against Special Drive||24th Nov 2021 (Wednesday) 1:00 pm 24th Nov 2021 (Wednesday)|
|Candidates to apply against Special Drive||10:00 am 25th Nov – 11:59 pm to 26th Nov 2021 (Thursday-Friday)|
|Colleges to prepare Merit lists and approve applications only on vacant seats. The list will be displayed on the website of the College.||10:00am 27th Nov – 11:59pm to 29th Nov 2021 (Saturday-Monday)|
|Candidates to make payment of fees||10:00 am 27th Nov – 5:00 pm to 30th Nov 2021 (Saturday-Tuesday)|
Share this with your friends
Check out our Frequently asked questions
Keep Visiting https://edumentor.co.in/for the latest news and updates on the Admission Counselling and other Career guidance.