- IIT Madras has received a substantial endowment of Rs 110 crore from Sunil Wadhwani for the establishment of the Wadhwani School of Data Science and AI.
- The generous contribution is aimed at positioning the school among the leading institutions globally with a focus on artificial intelligence.
- The new school will offer a BTech program in AI and Data Analytics, and admissions are scheduled to commence in July 2024.
- The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) formalizing this endowment was signed between Sunil Wadhwani and Prof V Kamakoti, the Director of IIT Madras.
- The signing ceremony took place in the presence of faculty, students, alumni, and researchers, marking a significant milestone in the advancement of AI education at IIT Madras.
Students seeking admission to undergraduate courses in 41 central universities may not be able to rely on their Class 12th marks alone. With the finalization of plan to conduct the Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET), students will have to prepare to fill an online form and appear for the test.