Current Affairs

10 February, 2021

International

Denmark is set to Build the World’s First Energy Island in North Sea

The Government of Denmark approved the plan to build the world’s first energy island (Artificial island) in the North Sea which will produce and store green energy enough to cover the electricity requirement of 3 million households in Europe.
The construction of the island will cost around 210 billion Danish krone (around Rs.2.4 lakh crore).
Energy target of Denmark:
Denmark aims to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 70% by 2030 from 1990 levels.
About Denmark:
Prime Minister- Mette Frederiksen
Capital- Copenhagen
Currency- Danish krone

National

Indo-US 16th Joint Military Exercise ‘Yudh Abhyas 20’ begins in Rajasthan

i.The 16th edition of an annual joint military exercise between India and the United States (US), “Yudh Abhyas 20” was initiated as a part of defence cooperation at the Mahajan Field Firing Range (MFFR), near the India-Pakistan border in Rajasthan on February 8, 2021. This 12 days long exercise will culminate on February 21, 2021.
ii.The Indian side is represented by the 11th Battalion of Jammu and Kashmir Rifles, part of the South Western Command while U.S. Army delegation will be represented by the troops of 2nd battalion, 3rd Infantry Regiment of 1-2 Stryker Brigade Combat Team along with respective brigade headquarters.
iii.The US contingent was welcomed by Brigadier Mukesh Bhanwala, Commander of the 170 Infantry Brigade of the Indian Army.
About United States (US):
President– Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.
Capital– Washington, D.C.
Currency– United States Dollar

Siemens Ltd signs 2 separate MoUs with IISc, CMTI to set up 1st of its kind Digital Transformation labs

Siemens Ltd (India) signed 2 separate Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) with Smart Factory, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru & Smart Manufacturing Demo and Development Cell (SMDDC) at Central Manufacturing Technology Institute (CMTI), Bengaluru for the establishment of 1st of its kind Digital Transformation labs. The Agreements were signed for a period of 3 years.
With these agreements, Siemens Ltd aims to support the Smart Advanced Manufacturing and Rapid Transformation Hub (SAMARTH) Udyog initiative of te Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises, Government of India.

GoI approves Srivilliputhur-Meghamalai Tiger Reserve in TN;set to become 5th Tiger Reserve in TN

The Government of India (GoI) has approved the Srivilliputhur-Meghamalai Tiger Reserve (SMTR) in Tamil Nadu (TN), it will be TN’s 5th Tiger Reserve and the Largest ever Tiger Reserve in the state. It is also India’s 51st Tiger Reserve. SMTR is spread over an area of 1 Lakh Hectares and encloses lands which fall under the Meghamalai Wildlife Sanctuary & Srivilliputhur Grizzled Squirrel Wildlife Sanctuary (WLS).
About Tamil Nadu:
Lakes – Kaliveli Lake (Recently in News), Veeranam Lake, Berijam Lake
Tiger Reserves – Anamalai, Kalakad Mundanthurai, Mudumalai, Sathyamangalam

Economy

Bank of Maharashtra Entered into a Co-Lending Agreement with LoanTap Credit Products for MSME Loans

i.Bank of Maharashtra(BoM) entered into a co-lending agreement with Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC), LoanTap Credit Products to extend credit to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise(MSME) loans.
ii.Under this agreement, 80% of the loan will be braced by the bank and the remaining 20% by the Loan Tap.
About Bank of Maharashtra(BoM):
HeadOffice– Pune, Maharashtra
Incorporated on– September 16, 1935
Commenced Operations– February 8, 1936
MD & CEO– A.S Rajeev
About LoanTap:
Headquarters– Pune, Maharashtra
CEO and Co-Founder– Satyam Kumar

Sports

No items found

Miscellaneous

SpaceX announced World’s First All Civilian Mission to Space

SpaceX announced its plan for the World’s first all civilian mission to space, the mission is named Inspiration4 in recognition of the 4-person crew to support St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. The mission commanded by Jared Isaacman, a 37-year-old entrepreneur the founder and CEO of Shift4 Payments and accomplished pilot will be launched from NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida.

Search Current Affairs by Date

Result:

Daily Current Affairs | 27th November 2021

Click here
[popup_button]