Till now science students would prepare rigorously for IIT. Now there is something for all students i.e. Commerce and Humanities to aspire for – The IIM Indore’s 5 year Integrated Program in Management (IPM)
IIM admission is now possible immediately after Class 12th.
The quality of education at IIM Indore is not comparable to any university in India it is by far a world class institution.
How do I get selected?
Admission to this programme is through an Aptitude Test, followed by a PI (for selected students).
What is the eligibility requirement?
Minimum norms are 60% through your X and XII standard.
Can a commerce or humanities student apply?
When do the exams for the college take place?
How do I prepare?
EduMentor provides three options for preparation –
A) School of High Achievers – 1 year / 2 year course for students while they study in Class 12th/Class 11th respectively.
B) Advance IPM – Regular Classroom Course in April and May after board exams.
C) Correspondence Program – Which has coverage of Quantitative Ability and Verbal Ability, Mock Tests etc.
The candidate should have 60% aggregate marks at Secondary/ X Std/ Equivalent and at Higher Secondary/XII/+2 level/ Equivalent for General Category.
NC-OBC category candidates (55% aggregate marks at Secondary/ X Std/ Equivalent and at Higher Secondary/XII/+2 level/ Equivalent for SC, ST and PWD / DA candidates).
All candidates meeting the minimum eligibility mentioned above will be called for Aptitude Test.
Shortlist for Personal Interview would be based on their performance in Aptitude Test. Final selection would be based on their performance in Aptitude Test (AT) and Personal Interview (PI). Government of India reservation norms would be followed while admitting the candidates.
Schedule of the Admission Process:
The Aptitude Test is on May 15, 2016 and Personal Interviews are scheduled during the last week of May, 2016 and would be held at various centers including Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Indore, Kolkata and Mumbai. IIM-Indore plans to invite all eligible candidates for Aptitude Test and roughly seven times of the batch size for PI.
The classes are scheduled to begin in August 2016.
Tuition Fee: Tuition fee for the programme for the first 3 years would be Rs.300,000 per annum and for next two years would be Rs.500,000 per annum (tentative).
** This fee (is for tuition only) does not include boarding and lodging.
Design of the Programme:
The broad design of the programme as prescribed by IIM Indore would include management education in social sciences setting.
Accordingly, 40% of the programme would focus on subjects related to the following:
- Mathematics, Statistics, Logic and Computer Science
- Introduction to Literature and Political Science
- Civilization and History (both national and international)
- Exposure to biological sciences
- Exposure to languages (one foreign language and one Indian language).
- Soft skills: Leadership development, personality development, team work and communication both written and oral
Second module would consist of all functional areas of management like –
- Accounting, Finance, Organizational Behaviour, Decision Science
- Operations and Services Management, Marketing, Economics
- Information Technology, Communication, Legal Aspects of Business, Ethics, Corporate Governance
- Corporate Social Responsibility, Business Strategy, International Business and Entrepreneurship.
- This would account for
50% of the course
- The remaining 10% of the programme would focus on international exposure and internship in various social organizations in India.